Deleting an entity
To delete an entity you must firstly sign into PCSec as a user with Administrative priveledges. Ensure the entity is selected on screen - then go to Utilities from the top menu and select the Delete Entity option.
PCSec will ask you confirm that you do want to delete the entity. Click ‘Yes' to continue or ‘No' to cancel.
PCSec will then warn you that once deleted there will no longer be any records for this entity. Click ‘OK' to continue or ‘Cancel' to exit the delete process.
Finally you will receive confirmation that the entity has been successfully deleted.
I'm trying to delete a person/company but PCSec won't let me
PCSec may be unable to delete an entity if the person/company is still attached to another company in some capacity. If PCSec is unable to delete an entity it will give you one of the following messages:
- The record cannot be deleted or changed because table ‘APPOINTS' includes related records
Your entity has a record of being an officer (current or resigned) of a company. Therefore PCSec cannot delete as it forms part of the statutory registers for that company.
- The record cannot be deleted or changed because table ‘SHRTRANS' includes related records.
Your entity has a record of being a shareholder (current or past) of a company. Therefore PCSec cannot delete as it forms part of the statutory registers for that company.
- The record cannot be deleted or changed because table ‘BANKSIGS' includes related records.
Your entity has a record of being a signatory to a company's bank account. Therefore PCSec cannot delete as it forms part of the records for that company.
How do I check for related records that may stop me deleting an entity?
To check for related records that may stop you from being able to delete an entity go to Reports and produce a data sheet. For Individual & Corporate Personnel select to run the data sheet with information on:
- Members - Shares
- Member - Guarantee
- Bank Signatories
- Alternate To
For Companies select to run the data sheet with information on:
- Appointments to other companies
- Shares in other companies
What action(s) do I need to take to enable a successful deletion?
Having worked through the earlier steps of this exercise, there may still be a record or linkage(s) remaining which prevent you from deleting the company. These 'linkages' must remain in the company's statutory records, so before a deletion can be effected we must duplicate all exisiting records for this company by way of the creation of a replacement entity: but how can this be achieved?
In these kind of scenarios where specific records must remain we would always recommend you create a replacement entity, always (Personnel) electing to choose either Individual or Corporate.
Here is a ficticious company we wish to delete:
1. Firstly, we must add another entity to replace this existing company - namely a Personnel but ensure the option of Corporate is selected. A key point to consider here is the code of this replacement entity: the earlier system generated code of BUBIFOEV cannot be used again - this is the unique database identifier - so a manually generated code BBFEV2 is loosely similar to the original but still unique.
2. Now systematically replace each and every linkage where BUBIFOEV appears with this new entity BBFEV2. This will then ensure that the other companies records remain intact whilst ultimately releasing BUBIFOEV from such linkages.
3. Finally, load the entity you wish to delete and run another Data Sheet to be 100% sure all records have been amended. Once the Data Sheet confirms no linkages remain for this entity BUBIFOEV simply go to Utilities once more and select Delete Entity - this time there should be nothing to prevent the deletion.